Physiotherapy is a branch of medicine gaining popularity worldwide. It is one of the finest treatment plans one can go for in order to achieve the desired results. It helps to restore body movements and functions when someone is affected by injury, illness, or disability. Moreover, physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that assesses, diagnoses, treats, and works to prevent disease, impairment, and disability.
Physiotherapy helps patients suffering from various problems such as:
- Musculoskeletal (low back pain, shoulder pain, neck pain, Osteoarthritis)
- Sports injuries (ACL rupture, Shin splint, tennis’ elbow)
- Neurological (stroke, spinal cord injuries, Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis)
- Cardiovascular (chronic heart disease, rehabilitation after a heart attack)
- Respiratory (asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cystic fibrosis), and many more.
Physiotherapy is not just for the patients with injuries or illness or for the elderly, rather it also helps a normal individual to gain strength, power, endurance, and prevents the chances of injuries. It does wonders to a person’s life.
Physiotherapy helps the patients suffering from acute muscles spasm to highly painful fractures, from minor injuries to major problems and whatnot. Surgeries and medicines have a great role to play but they come with a lot of side effects as well. Physiotherapy on the other hand doesn’t have any side effects and brings the patients back to a normal healthy life. It also has a role to play in pre and post-operative cases as well in order to help the patient to have a normal, healthy, and functional life again.